Slideshow

...

Saturday 7 July 2012

Spring Awakening

Saturday 7 July 2012

My last few manicures have been quite bright, and novelty-inspired, so I decided to go for a more toned down look this time.

I chose a beautiful neutral lavender-based creme polish, Soar, from Jessica’s second Spring collection this year, Spring Awakening. I thought the colour was really feminine and elegant looking, and made a nice change from the type of colours I’ve been having lately.

Classic me though, I couldn’t leave it at just that. So I had glitter tips put on my pinkies for a little added pizzazz. The rainbow glitter flecks in OPI’s Bring On The Bling, bring out the muted lavender base of the nude polish, and just put the glitter cherry on the manicure. 

A simple yet effective way to spice up neutral-toned nails, without going OTT. Perf! 


Soar manicure with Bring On The Bling pinky tip

2012 Spring Awakening Collection

The six polishes of the Spring Awakening collection, are “the new neutrals” says Jessica Vartoughian, founder and CEO of Jessica. She describes the collection as “versatile, sophisticated, understated with a touch of fun.” As well as Soar, there’s Monarch, Sky High, Wing It, Flutter, and Sunrise. Confident neutral, Flutter is another shade I’ve tried, but didn’t get chance to blog about at the time. I teamed this slate grey polish with one nail on each hand in Enchantress, a vibrant yet muted coral shade from Jessica’s Runway collection. Oh, and a peace sign stick-on, just for funsies! 


Flutter manicure with Enchantress "kelly finger" and peace sign stick-on

All of my manicures/pedicures featured are courtesy of the amazing Julie-Anne Forde. Follow on Twitter @Thebeautyboxhx 


ChloƩ x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Want.Wall © 2014